HIAB hire from Tidysite Skip Services
When it comes to handing over your hard-earned cash, making a decision blindly is never the right way to go. That’s why we’ve compiled everything you need to know before you hire a HIAB.
Think it might be a tipper lorry you’re after instead? Find out more about tippers here.
What is a HIAB lorry?
HIAB actually stands for Hydrauliska Industri AB, which is a Scandinavian company that manufactures loader cranes. Much like ‘Hoover’ and ‘Jacuzzi’, HIAB is a brand name that has become widely used as a generic term to describe the manufacturer’s key products.
A HIAB is therefore a lorry that comes with a crane attached to it and is also known as a ‘lorry loader’.
What are HIAB lorries most commonly used for?
As a general rule, HIAB lorries are perfect for any form of heavy lifting. If you’ve got a heavy load that you need to be lifted, moved, or transported from A to B, then a HIAB will be your truck of choice.
You might, for example, choose a HIAB lorry for lifting and transporting:
- Materials, equipment and machinery in the construction industry
- Materials, equipment and machinery in the agricultural industry
- Waste materials to be disposed of following completion of a project
- Any kind of freight, such as shipping containers
What are the main benefits of choosing a HIAB lorry?
- Unlike standard cranes, HIABs are unrestricted in terms of their location.
- Many of them can lift and move loads weighing up to 30 tonnes.
- They are flexible and versatile enough to lift and move loads that are an awkward shape or size and for moving items within a restricted space.
- They enable you to transport an item to its destination and remove it from the vehicle all in one – making your life easier and meaning you won’t have to source a crane separately.
- They can be driven on public roads.
What should I take into account before I hire a HIAB lorry?
How much reach you require and what weight needs to be lifted:
- There’s a wide range of lorries out there, offering different reach, load and lifting capacities. So make sure that the vehicle you’re getting will be able to do the job you need it for.
Whether it should be manually or remotely operated:
- Most of the time, a HIAB is operated manually by a trained professional. Alternatively, it is also possible to have the vehicle remotely controlled. Your chosen supplier will be able to discuss which option is most suitable and, most importantly, safest for your project and requirements.
Whether your chosen provider has the necessary accreditations:
This one is key, as health and safety is at stake here.
- A HIAB operator must be qualified, CPCS-certified and have the required experience to drive the lorry, so always ask for proof of this before taking things any further.
- The company must also be certified, and must carry out the necessary tests on the vehicle to make sure it is safe to operate. Again, they should be happy to provide proof of this.
Hiring an accredited company with experienced and qualified vehicle operators will reduce the risk of accidents, injuries and damage.
If you’re in need of some heavy lifting, we’ve got you covered!
We offer great rates and an amazing service for our HIAB hire. Whatever your project, we have the equipment, expertise and experience to meet your needs in the Staffordshire, Shropshire and Cheshire areas.
Call us today to find out more about our HIAB hire: 01782 561 888.