Waste management services
We are a waste management company, offering a wide range of services including commercial and domestic skip hire, waste collection, hazardous waste disposal, recycling of waste, sales of recycled products, shredding services, site clearances, tipper hire and waste consultancy
We are based in Newcastle-under-Lyme near Stoke-on-Trent, in Staffordshire, and share our premises with our sister company Hamptons Metal Merchants who specialises in metal recycling and end-of-life vehicle recycling, as well as commercial dismantling and plant hire services. As a family-run business who cares about its community and the environment, we are committed to finding a second life for all waste. We continuously improve our methods of recycling and are always sourcing outlets for recycled products.
Some key milestones
In 1978, Tidysite Skip Services was founded by Alan Butters, setting up shop in Trent Vale in Newcastle-under-Lyme. The first truck – a Commer – and the first team member soon followed.
The company went from strength to strength, and as soon as 1979, we secured our first major contract for operational services with Stoke-on-Trent Council.
In 1985, we opened our first waste transfer station, and in 2003, we were acquired by Hamptons Metal Merchants.
We moved to our new yard, at Hamptons Way, in 2019 and have been investing in our recycling facilities ever since.
2019 saw the introduction of our Kiverco Trommel picking station. This was followed by a Tana Shark 440 DT shredder joining our yard in 2020, and a Guidetti granulator being set up in 2021. Our most recent addition – a CK International TR82-120 twin ram baler – was also installed in 2021.
Our top ten recycling facts:
- Fresh potatoes are the most wasted food item in UK homes that could have been eaten.
- Recycling glass saves enough energy to chill as many as 34 bottles of wine for every UK household each day!
- According to research from online electrical retailer AO, people aged 18–24 are the biggest hoarders of electrical and electronic waste with an average of six unused devices in their homes (the UK average is only three).
- Apparently, you could drive a car 11 metres on the oil it takes to make 1 plastic bag!
- For every tonne of recycled newspaper, we save 17 trees!
- Making products from recycled materials requires only about 5% of the energy it would have taken to produce the item from raw materials.
- Nine in ten UK citizens recycle.
- Recycling just one tonne of cardboard will save 46 gallons of oil, 4,000 kW of electricity, 17 trees and 7,000 gallons of water.
- According to Wrap, household food waste makes up as much as 70% of the UK total.
- We (Tidysite Skip Services) only send about 2% of all the waste that is brought to us to landfill.
“The future depends on what we do in the present.”
– Mahatma Gandhi
REDUCE ♻ REUSE ♻ RECYCLE